Mm. Brussel sprouts. We've been eating these a lot as of late.
ingredients - per person
- 6-7 brussel sprouts
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/3 med. onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 dashes crushed red pepper
- dry white wine
- Wash and trim brussel sprouts. Slice in half.
- Heat pan over medium flame. Add olive oil.
- Sweat the onions for a couple of minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper. Toss.
- Once the onions turn translucent (or almost so), add the brussel sprouts.
Stir to coat with oil, and turn the heat up.
- Saute over high heat until the brussel sprouts are done and the onions
- Add some dry white wine to release the bits that are sticking to the pan.
Serve as side dish.