Based on an Epicurious recipe
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- salt, pepper, dried marjoram
- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 6 oz wild mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/2 c sliced shallots
- 3/8 c chicken broth
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 2 T port
- Sprinkle breasts with salt, pepper, and marjoram (both sides).
- Heat half the butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the breasts for about 7 minutes per side. Remove to a foil-covered plate.
- Add the remaining butter and oil to the skillet, and cook the mushrooms and shallots for about 6 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the broth, cream and port to the skillet, and simmer until reduced to approximately 1/3 the volume (about 1/4 cup).
- Divide the mushroom and shallots between two plates, and top with the breasts, and then the sauce.